The Sophia Center Board and members of the Crossing Care community offer a variety of workshops and family-based sessions on the topics related to natural home funerals and green burial. Listed below are a few of the subjects covered through individual meetings, half-day and full-day workshops, and weekend retreats. Many of these include hands-on training as well as completion of all documents involved in crossing care. Any of these sessions can be scheduled in advance for families or communities interested in learning more about home funeral care.
- How to Start the Conversation - With yourself, with your family, with others
- Introduction to Natural Death Care/Home Funerals (family- or group-based)
- Family gathering (family discussion with the assistance of a Crossing Care educator)
- Developing Your Own Death Care Plan
- Legalities and Paperwork for Crossing Care: Advance Directives and other important documents
- Bodycare Training
- Conscious Dying
- How to Be An Executor
- Staying Connected to Those Who Have Crossed
- Legacy and Home Funeral Planning
- Biography and Social Art on Life Cycles
- Creating Beeswax Vigil Candles
The Crossings Care community also hosts regular social events throughout the year, including movie nights, covered dish socials, discussion groups, and book studies. Sign up for our email newsletter to receive event announcements. and invitations to scheduled workshops and retreats.